Wade Foster, CEO and Co-founder of Zapier, shares insights on how to manage culture in a startup with a 100% remote team.
Listen: iTunes | Overcast | Stitcher | Pocket Casts | More
We’re just some humans who think computers should do more work.
Leave your ego at the door, the greater good of Zapier customers, partners and teammates are more important than any one of us.
Default to action, have an impact, find what you need, be fearless.
Explicit not implicit, share what you’re working on, don’t hoard your work, seek feedback.
Pay Attention to Details
The difference between good and great is the little details.
- How values help assess culture fit during hiring
- Slack, bots, AI, and automation going mainstream
- Build empathy, internally and externally, with customer service
- Team building on remote teams
- Wade’s biggest mistake at Zapier
- Unlimited vacation policies at startups
- How software tools effect communication
- Asynchronous vs synchronous communication
- Augmenting core values with internal team-specific values
- How to get actionable feedback
Read this interview as an article on Medium.
Recorded: March 7, 2016
Host and editor: Bryan Landers
Theme song: “Dum Dee Dum Dum Dee” by Shane Endsley