Shivani Siroya, CEO and Founder of InVenture, teaches us to find the human story in data and how a mission can give a voice to billions of people in emerging markets.
Listen: iTunes | Overcast | Stitcher | Pocket Casts | More
To provide choice and control to individuals over their financial lives.
InVenture, a certified B Corp, is modern credit for a mobile world. Traditional credit doesn’t work in emerging markets, but mobile does. InVenture’s products, including the Tala smartphone app, use personal, mobile data to give customers in East Africa and Southeast Asia a credit score and financial identity and then empowers them through micro-loans. InVenture is unlocking trillions of dollars in purchasing power in the world’s fastest growing economies.
- Using mobile data to generate a credit score
- What it means to be a certified B Corp (a C Corp with a social mission)
- The impact of InVenture investor and board member Chris Sacca
- Scaling company culture over multiple continents
- Serving customers in emerging markets like Kenya and (malaysia)
- Diversity is a requirement if your customers are in emerging markets
- Rebranding the Mkopo Rahisi app as Tala in preparation for global expansion
- Finding the human story within data
- Upholding values: performance reviews, unification between international locations
- Uncovering your assumptions: the origin story of InVenture
- How the team celebrates milestones: gongs and pie
Recorded: July 17, 2016
Host and editor: Bryan Landers
Theme song: “Dum Dee Dum Dum Dee” by Shane Endsley